Ceramic Fiber.Net Presented by Minseal Logo

  Home Contact Us Sitemap Order Online  

 
 
Web ceramicfiber.net
Products
Ceramic Fiber Cloth
Ceramic Fiber Tape
Ceramic Fiber Rope
Ceramic Fiber Paper
Ceramic Fiber Blanket
Ceramic Fiber Textiles
Fiberglass Products
 

                                        CeraTex 3180 Ceramic Fiber Blanket                                    View MSDS

MSDS  

CeraTex 3180 Blanket  is a needled blanket made from our CeraTex ceramic fiber. The blanket is ightweight, flexible, and available in a wide variety of thicknesses, widths and densities.

CeraTex 3180 Blanket resists temperature as high as 2300. This material is lightweight and has very low thermal conductivity, excellent handling strength, low heat storage, thermal shock resistance and corrosion resistance (commonly used acid and alkali).  It also provides excellent sound absorption and excellent fire protection. 

 Chemical and Physical Data:

Chemical Composition:       Al2O3:  47%, SiO2: 50%; Total Al2O3 and SiO2 >97% ; Fe2O3:  < 1.0%          

Fiber Physical Properties:   Fiber Diameter: 3 4.5 microns;  Fiber Shrinkage (1800F, 3h):  < 3.5%

            Working Temperature :      1,800 F for Continuous Use; 2300 F Maximum

Specific Heat (@2000F): 0.27 Btu/lb F                         

 Available  Density and Size

          Density: 4, 6, 8 lbs./cu. ft. (64, 96, 128 kg/m3)
          Thickness: 1/4", 1/2", 1", 1-1/2", 2"
          Width: 24" and 48"
          Packaging: In plastic bags and then in cartons

 Typical Applications

         Repair, insulation and linings for furnaces, kilns, generators, reformers, boilers, etc.

         Insulation for steam and gas turbines, and other high temperature equipment

         Insulation for nuclear applications and power plants

         High-temperature pipe insulation, casting mold insulation, etc.

         High-temperature seals and gasketing, furnace door seals, expansion joint seals

         Fire protective insulation or linings

         High-temperature filtration

 

 

  Mineral Seal Corporation 2008