3180 CeraTex® Ceramic Fiber Blanket
CeraTex® Blanket is a needled blanket that is made from high purity spun ceramic fiber, suitable for high temperature insulation up to 2300°F.
Characteristics and Specs
Lightweight, low thermal conductivity, high temperature stability, excellent handling strength, low heat storage, thermal shock resistance, chemical and corrosion resistance (commonly used acid and alkali), excellent fire protection.
Fiber Diameter: 3 – 4.5 microns
Fiber Shrinkage (1800°F, 3h): < 3.5%
Working Temperature : 1,800 °F. for Continuous Use, 2300 °F Maximum
Specific Heat (@2000°F): 0.27 Btu/lb °F
- Lining, insulation and repair for furnaces, kilns, ovens, boilers;
- Insulation for power plant, turbine, thermal reactor, generator, and nuclear applications;
- Expansion joint seal and insulation;
- Wrapping and insulation for high temperature pipe or metal casting;
- Fire protective insulation and lining
- Other high temperature seal, gasket, insulation or protection.
3180 CeraTex® Blanket
Product Sizes and Variants
Density: 4, 6, 8 lbs./cu. ft. (64, 96, 128 kg/m3)
Thickness: 1/4", 1/2", 1", 1-1/2",2" Width: 24" and 48"
Also available with aluminum foil back
Customer Application Notes
Product Handling: Require protective gloves, cloth, mask and dust control. Details on product MSDS.